Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Liberal Lens

Welcome to my first portion of "The Liberal Lens".  I am seeking a better understanding of the Liberal thought process.  I am very much a conservative, and I see through this view on most issues; however, I would like to spend atleast one day a week walking in a liberals proverbial shoes.



This week I want to analyze the immigration situation.  PLEASE NOTE I am taking the LIBERAL ideals from this web sight and generalizing all my liberal opinions accordingly.  (I am in no way claiming the voice of a true liberal! I am merely trying to look at a liberal perspective)

Immigration is vital to our economy and our progression as a society.  Our country was based on immigration; every country is based on immigration.  The current birth/death ratio, according to InfoPlease.com, places our death rate consistent, and our birth rate slowly declining.  People aren't having big families, and we need to find a replacement somewhere.  Our slightly illegal friends to the south are coming to our country the best way they know.  They place trust in the kindness of our United States brothers, to help those found in need.  Our country is Bill Gates to the other countries in the world; we can handle a few more.

There isn't much we can do to convince our current slightly illegal friends to leave, and granting amnesty would  allow them to pay into our tax fund.  This is a positive situation if we put our minds to it, and it will allow the other countries in the world to recognize our true patriotism and love for everyone.  Our country has made a lot of enemies in the past and our generation was passed the bill.  Can we afford to neglect our brothers throughout the world?  Our neighbors to the north are looking for a warm bed and a hot meal; when they can't find it in their country, we should open our doors to share our wealth.  Who really needs millions of dollars anyway?

(This opinion has to be right; reading it pisses me off)

No comments:

When you find this blog insightful or interesting, why not subscribe to the RSS feed for more interesting posts in the future? -------->