Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Weekend

I sit in my favorite chair gazing into the vast countryside with few worries.  I am an American citizen and I always will be.  Memorial weekend is dedicated to those who payed the ultimate price for our freedom.  My two grandfathers served in World War 2 and lived to see a long life.  I thank them for this; I thank all those from the military.  Your sacrifice allows me the opportunity to sit in my comfy chair.

Obama is planning a visit to Chicago this weekend instead of traveling to the Arlington Cemetery for the annual wreath ceremony.  We are in the middle of two wars, and our President won't honor our veterans and current members of military.  These men and women deserve more than one day of our attention, yet this is the day we set aside.  I am not proud of our President.

However, how can I be mad at a man, who won't raise his hand to the AMERICAN FLAG.  A man who dedicated his life to a pastor spewing anti-American rhetoric.  A man who, I believe, hates everything America has done up to date.  I am not mad at President Obama; I find his actions typical and sad.  He isn't the first president to miss the wreath ceremony, and he won't be the last.  I am continually disappointed in the actions of our President.

No comments:

When you find this blog insightful or interesting, why not subscribe to the RSS feed for more interesting posts in the future? -------->